What is the antonym of “flushed”?
The antonyms of flushed are pale, ashen, and wan. The antonyms describe a lack of color or a pale complexion.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having little color or brightness; lacking vitality or intensity.
She looked pale and weak after being sick for a week.
Having a gray or whitish color, often due to illness, shock, or fear.
His face turned ashen when he heard the news of his father's death.
Looking pale and sickly; lacking energy or vitality.
She had a wan complexion and dark circles under her eyes due to lack of sleep.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Pale describes a lack of color or brightness, while ashen refers to a gray or whitish color due to illness, shock, or fear.
- 2Ashen is a complementary antonym of flushed, meaning it is the opposite in terms of color.
- 3Wan describes a sickly appearance with a lack of energy or vitality.
Good things to know
- 1Health: Use these antonyms to describe someone's complexion or appearance when they are not feeling well.
- 2Emotions: Use ashen to describe someone's face when they are shocked or scared.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions of characters and settings.