What is the antonym of “foothold”?
The antonyms of foothold are unsteadiness and insecurity. The antonyms unsteadiness and insecurity convey a lack of stability or confidence. It implies a feeling of uncertainty, doubt, or fear.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of stability or balance; tendency to waver or falter.
Due to his unsteadiness, he was unable to climb the ladder to reach the roof.
Feeling of uncertainty, doubt, or fear about oneself or a situation.
She had an insecurity about her appearance that made her shy away from social events.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unsteadiness refers to a physical lack of balance or stability.
- 2Insecurity refers to an emotional feeling of uncertainty, doubt, or fear.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use unsteadiness and insecurity to describe a lack of stability or confidence in oneself or a situation.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.