What is the antonym of “forbode”?
The antonyms of forbode are hope and encourage. The antonyms hope and encourage convey a positive or optimistic emotional state. It implies a feeling of expectation, confidence, or motivation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To want something to happen or be true and believe that it is possible.
I hope you have a great day today!
To give someone support, confidence, or hope.
His parents always encouraged him to pursue his dreams.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hope is a verb that describes a feeling of expectation or desire for something to happen.
- 2Encourage is a verb that describes giving someone support or confidence to do something.
Good things to know
- 1Positive Reinforcement: Use hope and encourage to motivate and inspire others.
- 2Optimistic Outlook: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to create a positive and hopeful atmosphere.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create uplifting stories and characters.