Definitions and Examples of undone, unfinished, incomplete
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not done or finished; incomplete.
She left the project undone and went on vacation.
Not having been completed or brought to an end.
The painting was left unfinished due to lack of time.
Not having all the necessary parts or details; lacking completeness.
The report was considered incomplete as it did not include all the required information.
Key Differences: undone vs unfinished vs incomplete
- 1Undone implies that something has not been completed yet, but it may still be in progress.
- 2Unfinished suggests that something has been started but not completed.
- 3Incomplete means that something is missing essential parts or details.
Effective Usage of undone, unfinished, incomplete
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the status of research projects, assignments, and papers.
- 2Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe tasks, chores, and activities that are not yet complete.
- 3Professional Communication: Use these antonyms to describe work projects, reports, and presentations.
The antonyms of foredone are undone, unfinished, and incomplete. These words describe something that has not been completed or finished yet. Undone implies that something is still in progress, unfinished suggests that something has been started but not completed, and incomplete means that something is missing essential parts or details. Use these antonyms in academic writing, daily life, and professional communication to describe the status of various tasks and projects.