What is the antonym of “foresightless”?
The antonym of foresightless is foresighted, prudent, and far-sighted. These antonyms describe the ability to anticipate future events or needs and make wise decisions based on that anticipation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having the ability to anticipate future events or needs and plan accordingly.
The company's foresighted CEO invested in new technology, which helped the business stay ahead of its competitors.
Acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
It is prudent to save money for emergencies, so you don't have to rely on credit cards or loans.
Having the ability to see or plan for the future; able to anticipate future events or needs.
The far-sighted politician proposed a long-term plan to address climate change, even though it would require sacrifices in the short term.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Foresighted and far-sighted are synonyms that describe the ability to anticipate future events or needs.
- 2Prudent is a more general term that describes acting with care and thought for the future, not necessarily involving foresight.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use foresighted to describe companies or leaders who make wise decisions based on future trends.
- 2Finance: Use prudent to describe financial decisions that are careful and well-considered.
- 3Politics: Use far-sighted to describe politicians or policies that plan for the long-term future.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Foresighted and far-sighted describe the ability to anticipate future events or needs, while prudent describes acting with care and thought for the future. Use these words in business, finance, and politics to describe wise decisions, careful financial planning, and long-term policies.