What is the antonym of “forge”?
The antonyms of forge are destroy, demolish, and ruin. These words convey the opposite meaning of forge, which is to create or build something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cause something to cease to exist or be completely ruined.
The hurricane destroyed the entire town, leaving nothing but rubble.
To tear down or destroy a building or structure.
The old stadium was demolished to make way for a new one.
To damage or spoil something irreparably.
The heavy rain ruined our picnic plans.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Destroy implies complete annihilation or obliteration of something.
- 2Demolish is used specifically for tearing down buildings or structures.
- 3Ruin suggests damage or spoilage that cannot be repaired.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn these antonyms to improve your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 3Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express opposing ideas and opinions.