What is the antonym of “forsworn”?
The antonyms of forsworn are truthful and honest. The antonyms truthful and honest convey a positive and sincere meaning. They imply a person who is reliable, trustworthy, and tells the truth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Telling or expressing the truth; honest.
She was always truthful with her friends and never lied to them.
Free of deceit and untruthfulness; sincere.
He was known for his honest opinions and never sugarcoated anything.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Truthful emphasizes the act of telling the truth, while honest emphasizes the quality of being free from deceit.
- 2Truthful is often used to describe a person who speaks the truth, while honest can also describe a person who behaves in a morally upright way.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use truthful and honest to convey sincerity and reliability in conversations.
- 2Build Trust: Incorporate antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate trustworthiness and credibility.
- 3Encourage Honesty: Use these antonyms to encourage honesty and integrity in children and young adults.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Truthful emphasizes the act of telling the truth, while honest emphasizes the quality of being free from deceit. Use these words to improve communication, build trust, and encourage honesty and integrity in children and young adults.