Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Belonging to a former time; no longer current or relevant.
The company's past success was due to its innovative products and dedicated employees.
Occurring or existing before the present time or event.
She had a previous engagement and couldn't attend the party.
Not having been done, paid, or dealt with by the expected time.
The library book was overdue and she had to pay a fine.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Past refers to something that has already happened or existed in a former time.
- 2Previous refers to something that occurred or existed before the present time or event.
- 3Overdue refers to something that should have been done, paid, or dealt with by a certain time but hasn't been.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety to your writing and avoid repetition.
- 2Enhance Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your English skills.
- 3Express Ideas Clearly: Choose the right antonym to convey your ideas accurately and effectively.
The antonyms of forthcoming are past, previous, and overdue. These words have distinct meanings and can be used to improve writing, enhance vocabulary, and express ideas clearly.