What is the antonym of “fortuity”?
The antonyms of fortuity are design, intention, and plan. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of something happening by chance or luck. They imply a deliberate or purposeful action.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made.
The architect showed us the design of the new building.
A thing intended; an aim or plan.
Her intention was to finish the project before the deadline.
A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.
We need to come up with a plan to increase sales.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Design refers to a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function of an object before it is made.
- 2Intention refers to an aim or plan that someone has in mind.
- 3Plan refers to a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use these antonyms in professional settings such as business meetings or presentations.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to convey a deliberate or purposeful action.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to create characters with distinct motivations and goals.
The antonyms of fortuity are design, intention, and plan. Use these words in professional settings, academic writing, and creative writing to convey a deliberate or purposeful action.