What is the antonym of “foundering”?
The antonyms of foundering are succeed, thrive, and prosper. These words convey a positive outcome or achievement, unlike foundering, which implies failure or struggle.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To achieve a desired goal or outcome; to accomplish something.
With hard work and dedication, she was able to succeed in her career.
To grow or develop vigorously; to prosper or flourish.
The business began to thrive after implementing new marketing strategies.
To be successful or fortunate, especially in financial terms; to thrive.
The company continued to prosper despite the economic downturn.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed implies achieving a specific goal or objective.
- 2Thrive suggests growth and development, often in a natural or organic way.
- 3Prosper refers to success, particularly in financial terms.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Motivation: Use succeed, thrive, and prosper to inspire and motivate others.
- 2Express Optimism: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to convey positivity and hopefulness.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these words in writing to create a more nuanced and descriptive narrative.
The antonyms of foundering are succeed, thrive, and prosper. These words convey a positive outcome or achievement, unlike foundering, which implies failure or struggle. Use these words to encourage motivation, express optimism, and enrich writing by creating a more nuanced and descriptive narrative.