What is the antonym of “fractiousness”?
The antonyms of fractiousness are complaisance and docility. The antonyms complaisance and docility convey a positive or cooperative attitude. It implies a willingness to please, agreeable, and easy to manage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A disposition to please or comply with others' wishes.
Her complaisance made her popular among her colleagues.
The quality of being easily managed or taught; tractability.
The teacher appreciated the docility of her students.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Complaisance is a disposition to please or comply with others' wishes, while fractiousness is a tendency to be irritable or quarrelsome.
- 2Docility is the quality of being easily managed or taught, while fractiousness is a tendency to be unruly or difficult to control.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use complaisance and docility to describe people who are cooperative and easy to work with.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show appreciation for people who are willing to please and easy to manage.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and precision to your language.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Complaisance conveys a disposition to please, while docility denotes a quality of being easily managed. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation, and enrich vocabulary by adding variety and precision to your language.