What is the antonym of “frankness”?
The antonyms of frankness are dishonesty and deceitfulness. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of being truthful, open, and sincere.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of honesty or integrity; intentionally deceiving others.
The politician's dishonesty was exposed when he was caught accepting bribes.
Tendency to deceive or mislead others; dishonesty.
Her deceitfulness was revealed when she lied about her qualifications on her job application.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dishonesty refers to a lack of honesty or integrity, while deceitfulness refers to the tendency to deceive or mislead others.
- 2Dishonesty can be intentional or unintentional, while deceitfulness is always intentional.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Develop Trust: Use frankness to build trust in relationships, and avoid dishonesty and deceitfulness.
- 3Enhance Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and convey different meanings.
The antonyms of frankness are dishonesty and deceitfulness. While dishonesty refers to a lack of honesty or integrity, deceitfulness refers to the tendency to deceive or mislead others. Use these antonyms to improve your vocabulary, develop trust in relationships, and enhance your writing by creating contrast and conveying different meanings.