What is the antonym of “frighted”?
The antonyms of frighted are comfort and reassure. The antonyms comfort and reassure convey a sense of calmness and security. They imply a feeling of relief or peace of mind.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To soothe, console, or alleviate someone's distress or discomfort.
She tried to comfort her crying baby by rocking him gently in her arms.
To give someone confidence or certainty by removing their doubts or fears.
The doctor tried to reassure the patient that the surgery would be successful.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Comfort is used to alleviate someone's distress or discomfort, while reassure is used to remove someone's doubts or fears.
- 2Comfort is often used in situations where someone is experiencing physical or emotional pain, while reassure is often used in situations where someone is anxious or uncertain.
Good things to know
- 1Offer Support: Use comfort to show sympathy and support for someone who is going through a difficult time.
- 2Provide Confidence: Use reassure to give someone confidence and certainty when they are feeling anxious or uncertain.
- 3Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express gratitude for someone who has provided comfort or reassurance during a challenging situation.
The antonyms comfort and reassure convey a sense of calmness and security. Use comfort to alleviate someone's distress or discomfort and reassure to remove someone's doubts or fears. These antonyms can be used to offer support, provide confidence, and express gratitude.