What is the antonym of “frowsier”?
The antonyms of frowsier are neat, tidy, and smart. These words describe a person or thing that is well-organized, clean, and presentable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Tidy and well-organized; free from dirt or clutter.
She keeps her desk neat and tidy by putting everything in its place.
Arranged neatly and in order; free from mess or disorder.
He always makes sure his room is tidy before he goes to bed.
Well-dressed and stylish; showing good taste in appearance.
She looked very smart in her new suit and high heels.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Neat emphasizes cleanliness and organization, while tidy focuses on orderliness and lack of clutter.
- 2Smart refers to a person's appearance and style, rather than their level of cleanliness or organization.
Good things to know
- 1Describing People: Use neat, tidy, and smart to describe someone's appearance or level of organization.
- 2Household Chores: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing cleaning and organizing tasks.
- 3Job Interviews: Use these words to describe your own appearance and organizational skills during job interviews.
The antonyms neat, tidy, and smart describe a person or thing that is well-organized, clean, and presentable. Use these words to describe people's appearance or level of organization, discuss household chores, or during job interviews to describe your own appearance and organizational skills.