What is the antonym of “fudged”?
The antonyms of fudged are clarify, honestly, and accurately. The antonyms clarify, honestly, and accurately convey a truthful and clear representation of information. It implies a lack of ambiguity, deception, or inaccuracy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something clear or easy to understand by explaining it in more detail.
Could you please clarify your instructions? I'm not sure what you mean.
In a truthful, sincere, and straightforward manner.
I can honestly say that I did my best on the project.
In a precise and correct manner, without errors or mistakes.
The scientist measured the temperature accurately to within one-tenth of a degree.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clarify is used when there is confusion or misunderstanding and you want to make something more understandable.
- 2Honestly is used when you want to emphasize that you are telling the truth and not lying or hiding anything.
- 3Accurately is used when you want to emphasize that something is correct and without errors or mistakes.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use clarify, honestly, and accurately to convey information clearly and truthfully.
- 2Build Trust: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate honesty and accuracy.
- 3Improve Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create clear and accurate documents.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clarify conveys making something more understandable, honestly emphasizes telling the truth, and accurately emphasizes correctness. Use these words to enhance communication, build trust, and improve writing by creating clear and accurate documents.