What is the antonym of “furibund”?
The antonyms of furibund are calm, composed, and collected. The antonyms calm, composed, and collected convey a state of tranquility, serenity, and composure. It implies a lack of anger, agitation, or excitement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm during the job interview.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the chaos around her, she remained composed and focused on her work.
Calm and self-controlled; not showing emotion.
He kept his voice collected and steady during the crisis meeting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm is a general term that describes a state of peacefulness and lack of strong emotions.
- 2Composed is a more specific term that describes having one's feelings and expression under control.
- 3Collected refers to being calm and self-controlled, without showing any emotion.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use calm, composed, and collected to express a state of tranquility and composure effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys general peacefulness, composed denotes having one's feelings and expression under control, and collected refers to being calm and self-controlled. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.