What is the antonym of “gamble”?
The antonyms of gamble are save, invest, and secure. The antonyms save, invest, and secure convey a sense of caution and careful planning. It implies a focus on long-term gains and minimizing risks.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep money or resources for future use, rather than spending them.
She decided to save her money instead of spending it all on clothes.
To put money into something with the expectation of gaining a profit or benefit.
He chose to invest his savings in stocks and bonds.
To protect or ensure the safety of something or someone.
She wanted to secure her financial future by setting up a retirement fund.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Save is a general term that describes keeping money or resources for future use.
- 2Invest is a more specific term that describes putting money into something with the expectation of gaining a profit or benefit.
- 3Secure is a relational term that describes protecting or ensuring the safety of something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Financial Planning: Use these antonyms to plan your finances and make informed decisions.
- 2Risk Management: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about risk management and minimizing risks.
- 3Career Planning: Utilize these antonyms in discussions about career planning and securing your future.