What is the antonym of “garner”?
The antonyms of garner are disperse, distribute, and scatter. These words convey the opposite meaning of garner, which is to collect, gather, or accumulate something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To scatter or spread widely over an area.
The protesters were asked to disperse and leave the area.
To give out or deliver something to multiple people or places.
The charity organization will distribute food and supplies to the needy families.
To throw or spread things in different directions.
The wind caused the leaves to scatter all over the yard.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disperse implies spreading things over a wide area, while garner means collecting or gathering them.
- 2Distribute involves giving out or delivering something to multiple people or places, whereas garner refers to accumulating or collecting something.
- 3Scatter means throwing or spreading things in different directions, while garner means collecting or accumulating them.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid and descriptive sentences.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to improve your reading comprehension and understanding of context.
The antonyms of garner are disperse, distribute, and scatter. These words convey the opposite meaning of garner, which is to collect, gather, or accumulate something. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.