What is the antonym of “gaudiness”?
The antonyms of gaudiness are simplicity and modesty. The antonyms simplicity and modesty convey a sense of plainness, humility, and lack of extravagance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being simple, uncomplicated, or easy to understand.
She preferred the simplicity of a minimalist lifestyle over the cluttered and chaotic one.
The quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
He showed modesty by not bragging about his accomplishments and instead let his work speak for itself.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Simplicity refers to the quality of being uncomplicated or easy to understand.
- 2Modesty refers to the quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use simplicity and modesty to create clear and concise writing.
- 2Show Humility: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate modesty and humility.
- 3Enrich Design: Utilize these antonyms in design to create elegant and understated aesthetics.