What is the antonym of “gemuetlich”?
The antonyms of gemuetlich are uncomfortable, unwelcoming, and unfriendly. The antonyms convey a lack of warmth, coziness, and friendliness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing or feeling physical discomfort or unease.
The hard chair made her uncomfortable during the long meeting.
Not giving a friendly or hospitable reception to guests or visitors.
The hotel's lobby was unwelcoming with its dim lighting and cold decor.
Not showing kindness or goodwill; hostile or indifferent.
The new neighbor was unfriendly and never returned their greetings.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Uncomfortable describes a physical sensation of unease or discomfort.
- 2Unwelcoming describes an environment that is not inviting or hospitable.
- 3Unfriendly describes a person who is not kind or welcoming.
Good things to know
- 1Travel: Use these antonyms to describe accommodations, restaurants, or places that are not cozy or welcoming.
- 2Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to describe people or situations that are not friendly or comfortable.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create tension or contrast between characters or settings.
The antonyms of gemuetlich convey a lack of warmth, coziness, and friendliness. Use uncomfortable to describe physical discomfort, unwelcoming to describe an unwelcoming environment, and unfriendly to describe a person who is not kind or welcoming. These antonyms can be used in travel, social interactions, and writing to create tension or contrast.