What is the antonym of “genialize”?
The antonyms of genialize are aggravate, irritate, and worsen. These words convey a negative or unpleasant effect on a situation, opposite to the positive effect of genialize.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make a problem or situation worse or more serious.
His constant complaining only served to aggravate the situation.
To annoy or provoke someone or something.
The sound of the alarm clock irritated him every morning.
To become or make something worse than it was before.
The weather forecast predicted that the storm would worsen in the evening.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Aggravate implies making a situation worse or more serious.
- 2Irritate implies annoying or provoking someone or something.
- 3Worsen implies making something worse than it was before.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite effect of genialize effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding of negative situations.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.
The antonyms of genialize have distinct nuances: Aggravate makes a situation worse, irritate annoys or provokes, and worsen makes something worse than it was before. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich your vocabulary and writing skills.