What is the antonym of “gigantesque”?
The antonyms of gigantesque are tiny and minute. The antonyms tiny and minute convey a small size or scale. They are the opposite of gigantesque, which means extremely large or gigantic.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Very small in size or amount.
The newborn kitten was so tiny that it could fit in the palm of my hand.
Extremely small in size or degree.
The difference between the two measurements was minute, only a fraction of a millimeter.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Tiny refers to something very small in size or amount, while minute refers to something extremely small in size or degree.
- 2Tiny can be used to describe something cute or endearing, while minute is more commonly used in scientific or technical contexts.
Good things to know
- 1Size Comparison: Use gigantesque to describe something extremely large, and tiny or minute to describe something very small.
- 2Scientific Contexts: Use minute to describe small measurements or quantities in scientific or technical contexts.
- 3Express Emotions: Use tiny to express cuteness or endearment in conversations or writing.
The antonyms of gigantesque are tiny and minute. Tiny refers to something very small, while minute refers to something extremely small. Use these words to compare sizes, describe small measurements or quantities in scientific contexts, or express cuteness or endearment.