What is the antonym of “given”?
The antonyms of given are unknown and unspecified. The antonyms unknown and unspecified convey a lack of information or clarity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not known or familiar; not within one's knowledge or experience.
The identity of the thief is unknown to the police.
Not stated clearly or precisely; lacking detail or specificity.
The instructions were unspecified, so I had to guess what to do.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unknown refers to something that is not known or familiar.
- 2Unspecified refers to something that is not stated clearly or precisely.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Information: Use unknown and unspecified to indicate a lack of information or clarity.
- 2Ask Questions: Incorporate antonyms in questions to seek clarification or additional details.
- 3Improve Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and precision to your language.
The antonyms unknown and unspecified convey a lack of information or clarity. Use these words to clarify information, ask questions, and improve writing by adding variety and precision to your language.