What is the antonym of “glorifying”?
The antonyms of glorifying are criticize and condemn. The antonyms criticize and condemn convey a negative or disapproving attitude towards something or someone. It implies finding fault or expressing disapproval.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express disapproval or find fault with something or someone.
The teacher would often criticize the students for not completing their homework on time.
To express strong disapproval or censure towards something or someone.
The government condemned the terrorist attack and promised to take strict action against the perpetrators.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Criticize is a milder term that implies finding fault or expressing disapproval.
- 2Condemn is a stronger term that implies expressing strong disapproval or censure.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use criticize and condemn to express your opinions about something or someone.
- 2Debate: Incorporate antonyms in debates to present opposing viewpoints.
- 3Analyze Literature: Utilize these antonyms in literary analysis to examine the author's attitude towards a character or event.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Criticize implies finding fault or expressing disapproval, while condemn implies expressing strong disapproval or censure. Use these words to express opinions, debate, and analyze literature by examining the author's attitude towards a character or event.