What is the antonym of “goodman”?
The word goodman is an archaic term that refers to a man of high social standing or a master craftsman. The antonyms of goodman are lady, woman, and novice. These words have different meanings and connotations.
See all the antonyms of “goodman”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A woman of good social position or manners.
She was a lady of great elegance and grace.
An adult female human being.
She was a strong and independent woman who didn't need anyone's help.
A person who is new to a field or activity; a beginner.
He was a novice in the art of cooking and needed some guidance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lady is a term used to describe a woman of high social status or good manners.
- 2Woman is a general term used to describe an adult female human being.
- 3Novice is a term used to describe a person who is new to a field or activity.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your language skills.
- 2Learn History: Explore the historical context of the word goodman and its usage in literature and culture.
- 3Understand Nuances: Understand the nuances of these words and how they differ in meaning and connotation.
The antonyms of goodman are lady, woman, and novice. These words have different meanings and connotations. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, learn history, and understand the nuances of language.