What is the antonym of “goutish”?
The antonyms of goutish are cultivated, refined, and polished. The antonyms cultivated, refined, and polished convey a positive and sophisticated quality. It implies a high level of education, taste, or manners.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a high level of education, taste, or manners.
She was a cultivated woman who enjoyed art, literature, and music.
Showing good taste, elegance, and sophistication.
The restaurant served refined cuisine that delighted the palate.
Having a smooth and shiny surface; showing skill and sophistication.
He was a polished speaker who captivated the audience with his eloquence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cultivated emphasizes education and knowledge.
- 2Refined emphasizes elegance and sophistication.
- 3Polished emphasizes skill and expertise.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use cultivated, refined, and polished to enrich your vocabulary and express positive qualities.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect and admiration for someone's education, taste, or manners.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey positive qualities.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cultivated emphasizes education and knowledge, refined emphasizes elegance and sophistication, and polished emphasizes skill and expertise. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, show respect and admiration, and enrich your writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying positive qualities.