What is the antonym of “grasped”?
The antonyms of grasped are release, let go, and misunderstand. The antonyms release and let go convey the opposite meaning of holding onto something, while misunderstand means to not comprehend or interpret something correctly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To set free or let go of something or someone.
He decided to release the bird back into the wild after nursing it back to health.
To release one's grip on something or someone.
She had to let go of the rope to avoid falling off the cliff.
To fail to understand or interpret something correctly.
He misunderstood her intentions and ended up offending her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Release implies a deliberate act of letting go of something or someone.
- 2Let go is a more general term that describes the action of releasing one's grip on something or someone.
- 3Misunderstand refers to the failure to comprehend or interpret something correctly.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your language.
- 3Clarify Communication: Use these antonyms to clarify misunderstandings and ensure effective communication.
The antonyms of grasped have distinct meanings. Release and let go describe the act of letting go of something or someone, while misunderstand means to not comprehend or interpret something correctly. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and clarify communication.