What is the antonym of “grasping”?
The antonym of grasping is generous, unselfish, and releasing. The antonyms generous, unselfish, and releasing convey a positive and selfless attitude. It implies a lack of greed, selfishness, or possessiveness.
See all the antonyms of “grasping”
- letting go
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to give or share; unselfish.
She is always generous with her time and resources, helping those in need.
Putting the needs of others before one's own; altruistic.
He showed an unselfish attitude by donating his entire salary to charity.
Allowing something or someone to be free or let go.
She is releasing her fears and doubts, embracing a new beginning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Generous is a term that describes a willingness to give or share without expecting anything in return.
- 2Unselfish is a term that describes putting the needs of others before one's own.
- 3Releasing is a verb that describes allowing something or someone to be free or let go.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use generous and unselfish to express appreciation for someone's kindness.
- 2Encourage Positivity: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage a positive and selfless attitude.
- 3Promote Growth: Utilize releasing in narratives to promote growth and change.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Generous conveys a willingness to give or share, unselfish denotes putting the needs of others before one's own, and releasing refers to allowing something or someone to be free or let go. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage positivity, and promote growth and change.