What is the antonym of “gulp”?
The antonyms of gulp are sip and nibble. The antonyms sip and nibble convey a slower and more controlled way of consuming food or drink.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To drink something slowly, taking small mouthfuls.
She likes to sip her coffee while reading the newspaper.
To eat something in small bites, taking small amounts at a time.
He decided to nibble on some cheese and crackers before dinner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sip is used for drinking liquids slowly and taking small mouthfuls.
- 2Nibble is used for eating food slowly and taking small bites.
Good things to know
- 1Dining Etiquette: Use sip and nibble to show good manners while eating or drinking.
- 2Health Consciousness: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about healthy eating habits.
- 3Food Descriptions: Utilize these antonyms to describe how food and drink are consumed in literature or storytelling.
The antonyms sip and nibble convey a slower and more controlled way of consuming food or drink. Use these words to show good dining etiquette, discuss healthy eating habits, and describe food and drink consumption in literature or storytelling.