What is the antonym of “gushed”?
The antonyms of gushed are trickled, dribbled, and mumbled. These words have different meanings and can be used to describe different types of actions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To flow slowly in a thin stream.
The water trickled down the rocks, creating a soothing sound.
To flow or let fall in small drops or a thin stream.
The sauce dribbled down his chin as he ate the messy burger.
To speak in a low, unclear way, often with the mouth partly closed.
He mumbled something under his breath, making it hard for me to hear what he said.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trickled describes a slow flow in a thin stream.
- 2Dribbled describes a flow or letting fall in small drops or a thin stream.
- 3Mumbled describes speaking in a low, unclear way.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and clarity to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Descriptions: Use these antonyms to create vivid and detailed descriptions of actions and events.
The antonyms of gushed are trickled, dribbled, and mumbled. These words have different meanings and can be used to describe different types of actions. Use them to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and enrich your descriptions.