What is the antonym of “gutlessness”?
The antonym of gutlessness is courage, bravery, and determination. These antonyms convey a positive and strong emotional state. They imply the presence of bravery, determination, and courage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery.
It took a lot of courage for her to speak up against the injustice.
Courageous behavior or character.
The firefighter showed great bravery by rescuing the people trapped in the burning building.
Firmness of purpose; resoluteness.
Her determination to succeed helped her overcome all the obstacles in her way.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Courage is the ability to do something that frightens one, while bravery is courageous behavior or character.
- 2Determination is the firmness of purpose or resoluteness that helps one achieve their goals.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage: Use these antonyms to motivate and inspire others to be brave and determined.
- 2Describe Characters: Use these words to describe characters in stories or movies.
- 3Discuss Personal Qualities: Use these antonyms to discuss personal qualities and traits in yourself or others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Courage is the ability to do something that frightens one, bravery is courageous behavior or character, and determination is the firmness of purpose or resoluteness that helps one achieve their goals. Use these words to encourage, describe characters, and discuss personal qualities and traits.