What is the antonym of “guttered”?
The antonyms of guttered are elated, thrilled, and overjoyed. These words convey a positive emotional state, implying a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling extremely happy and excited.
She was elated when she received the news that she got the job.
Feeling very excited and pleased.
He was thrilled to see his favorite band perform live.
Feeling extremely happy and delighted.
She was overjoyed when she found out that she won the lottery.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Elated is a strong feeling of happiness and excitement.
- 2Thrilled is a feeling of excitement and pleasure.
- 3Overjoyed is an intense feeling of happiness and delight.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use elated, thrilled, and overjoyed to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Celebrate Achievements: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Elated conveys strong happiness and excitement, thrilled denotes excitement and pleasure, and overjoyed refers to intense happiness and delight. Use these words to express gratitude, celebrate achievements, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.