What is the antonym of “hairbrain”?
The antonyms of hairbrain are sensible, wise, and prudent. These antonyms convey a sense of rationality, thoughtfulness, and good judgment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Based on or showing good judgment and practicality.
It would be sensible to save some money for emergencies.
Having or showing experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
My grandfather is a wise man who always gives me good advice.
Acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
It's prudent to wear a helmet when riding a bike.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sensible implies practicality and good judgment in decision-making.
- 2Wise suggests experience, knowledge, and good judgment in making choices.
- 3Prudent conveys a sense of caution and carefulness in taking actions.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use sensible, wise, and prudent to express rationality and good judgment effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect for others' opinions and ideas.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more sophisticated and nuanced style.
The antonyms of hairbrain are sensible, wise, and prudent. These words convey a sense of rationality, thoughtfulness, and good judgment. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect for others' opinions, and enrich your writing style.