What is the antonym of “halting”?
The antonyms of halting are fluent and smooth. The antonyms fluent and smooth convey a sense of ease and proficiency in performing an action or speaking.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to express oneself easily and articulately in speech or writing.
She is fluent in three languages and can communicate with people from different cultures.
Having an even and regular surface or consistency; free from bumps, roughness, or irregularities.
The ride was smooth and comfortable, and we arrived at our destination without any problems.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fluent describes the ability to speak or write with ease and articulation.
- 2Smooth describes the absence of bumps, roughness, or irregularities in a surface or consistency.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use fluent and smooth to describe someone's proficiency in speaking or performing an action.
- 2Enhance Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey meaning effectively.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these words to expand your vocabulary and improve your language skills.
The antonyms fluent and smooth convey a sense of ease and proficiency in performing an action or speaking. Use these words to improve communication, enhance writing, and enrich your vocabulary.