The Opposite(Antonym) of “hamstrung”
The antonym of hamstrung is unrestricted and unhampered. The antonyms unrestricted and unhampered convey a sense of freedom and lack of hindrance. It implies that there are no limitations or restrictions on what can be done.
Definitions and Examples of unrestricted, unhampered
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not subject to any limitations or restrictions.
The artist had unrestricted access to the studio and could work at any time.
Not impeded or hindered; free from obstacles or restrictions.
The runner had a clear path ahead and was unhampered by any obstacles.
Key Differences: unrestricted vs unhampered
- 1Unrestricted implies that there are no limitations or restrictions on what can be done.
- 2Unhampered suggests that there are no obstacles or hindrances in the way of achieving a goal.
Effective Usage of unrestricted, unhampered
- 1Business: Use unrestricted and unhampered to describe a business environment that is free from limitations and obstacles.
- 2Sports: Use unhampered to describe an athlete who is free to perform without any obstacles or hindrances.
- 3Politics: Use unrestricted to describe a political system that allows for complete freedom of expression and action.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unrestricted implies no limitations or restrictions, while unhampered suggests no obstacles or hindrances. Use these words to describe a business environment, an athlete's performance, or a political system that is free from limitations and obstacles.