What is the antonym of “hardiness”?
The antonyms of hardiness are fragility and vulnerability. The antonyms fragility and vulnerability convey a lack of strength or resilience. They imply a susceptibility to damage, injury, or harm.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being delicate, easily broken, or vulnerable to damage.
The glass vase was beautiful but its fragility made it difficult to handle.
The state of being exposed to the possibility of harm or damage.
The company's financial situation left it in a state of vulnerability to market fluctuations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fragility refers to the quality of being delicate or easily broken.
- 2Vulnerability refers to the state of being exposed to harm or damage.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use fragility and vulnerability to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Discuss Health: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about physical and mental health.
- 3Describe Objects: Utilize these antonyms to describe objects and their characteristics.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Fragility conveys the quality of being delicate or easily broken, while vulnerability refers to the state of being exposed to harm or damage. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss health, and describe objects and their characteristics.