What is the antonym of “hasty”?
The antonyms of hasty are deliberate, careful, and methodical. The antonyms deliberate, careful, and methodical convey a sense of thoughtfulness, caution, and attention to detail. It implies taking time to consider all options before making a decision.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Done consciously and intentionally; carefully considered.
He made a deliberate choice to pursue a career in medicine.
Exercising caution or prudence; paying close attention to details.
She was careful not to spill the hot coffee on her lap.
Done in a systematic and organized way; following a method.
He had a methodical approach to solving complex problems.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deliberate implies a conscious and intentional action, often after careful consideration.
- 2Careful implies exercising caution and paying close attention to details.
- 3Methodical implies a systematic and organized approach to a task.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use deliberate, careful, and methodical to express thoughtfulness, caution, and attention to detail.
- 2Show Professionalism: Incorporate antonyms in work-related conversations to demonstrate a responsible and diligent attitude.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more nuanced and descriptive narrative.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Deliberate conveys intentionality, careful denotes caution, and methodical refers to a systematic approach. Use these words to enhance communication, show professionalism in work-related conversations, and enrich writing by creating a more nuanced and descriptive narrative.