What is the antonym of “haughtiness”?
The antonyms of haughtiness are humility and modesty. The antonyms humility and modesty convey a positive and humble attitude. It implies a lack of arrogance, pride, or self-importance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
She showed great humility by admitting her mistake and apologizing.
The quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
Despite his success, he remained grounded and showed modesty in his achievements.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility is a quality that describes a person who has a modest or low view of their importance.
- 2Modesty is a quality that describes a person who is unassuming or moderate in the estimation of their abilities.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humility and modesty to cultivate a positive and humble attitude.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in business settings to show humility and modesty in your achievements.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Humility conveys a modest or low view of one's importance, while modesty describes a person who is unassuming or moderate in the estimation of their abilities. Use these words to cultivate a positive and humble attitude, demonstrate respect and appreciation for others, and show humility and modesty in professional communication.