What is the antonym of “hearthless”?
The antonym of heartless is kind-hearted, compassionate, and sympathetic. The antonyms kind-hearted, compassionate, and sympathetic convey a positive emotional state. It implies a person who is caring, considerate, and empathetic towards others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a kind and generous nature; showing sympathy and understanding.
She is such a kind-hearted person that she always goes out of her way to help others.
Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others' suffering; having a deep awareness of others' needs.
The doctor was compassionate towards his patients and always took the time to listen to their concerns.
Feeling or expressing compassion, concern, or understanding towards others' feelings or experiences.
She was sympathetic towards her friend's situation and offered her support and encouragement.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Kind-hearted describes a person who is naturally kind and generous.
- 2Compassionate describes a person who feels deeply for others' suffering and has a strong desire to help.
- 3Sympathetic describes a person who understands and shares others' feelings and experiences.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express gratitude towards people who are kind and compassionate.
- 2Encourage Empathy: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage empathy and understanding.
- 3Inspire Kindness: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to inspire kindness and compassion in characters and readers.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Kind-hearted describes a person who is naturally kind, compassionate describes a person who feels deeply for others' suffering, and sympathetic describes a person who understands and shares others' feelings. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage empathy, and inspire kindness and compassion in characters and readers.