What is the antonym of “heated”?
The antonyms of heated are calm, cool, and unemotional. The antonyms calm, cool, and unemotional convey a lack of intensity, passion, or excitement. They imply a state of tranquility, composure, or detachment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm during the job interview.
Showing composure and self-control, especially in a difficult situation.
He remained cool and collected even when his car broke down in the middle of the highway.
Not having or showing strong feelings or emotions.
She tried to remain unemotional while discussing the sensitive topic with her boss.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm implies a state of peacefulness and lack of agitation.
- 2Cool suggests a sense of composure and self-control in a challenging situation.
- 3Unemotional describes a lack of strong feelings or emotions, often used to describe someone who is detached or reserved.
Good things to know
- 1Conflict Resolution: Use calm and cool to de-escalate tense situations and promote understanding.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate antonyms in business settings to convey professionalism and composure.
- 3Emotional Intelligence: Recognize and express emotions effectively by using antonyms to describe different emotional states.