What is the antonym of “hedonic”?
The antonyms of hedonic are unpleasant, displeasing, and unsatisfying. These words describe experiences that are not enjoyable or pleasurable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing discomfort, unhappiness, or revulsion.
The smell of the garbage was unpleasant and made me feel sick.
Not pleasing or satisfying; causing disappointment or disapproval.
The food was displeasing and lacked flavor.
Not providing fulfillment or satisfaction.
The ending of the movie was unsatisfying and left me feeling disappointed.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unpleasant describes something that causes discomfort, unhappiness, or revulsion.
- 2Displeasing describes something that is not pleasing or satisfying, causing disappointment or disapproval.
- 3Unsatisfying describes something that does not provide fulfillment or satisfaction.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Experiences: Use these antonyms to describe experiences that are not enjoyable or pleasurable.
- 2Giving Feedback: Incorporate these antonyms when giving feedback to express dissatisfaction or disappointment.
- 3Expressing Preferences: Use these antonyms to express your preferences and dislikes.
The antonyms of hedonic describe experiences that are not enjoyable or pleasurable. Unpleasant causes discomfort, displeasing causes disappointment, and unsatisfying does not provide fulfillment. Use these antonyms to describe experiences, give feedback, and express preferences.