What is the antonym of “hermit”?
The antonyms of hermit are socialite and extrovert. The antonyms socialite and extrovert describe people who enjoy being around others and thrive in social situations.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who is well-known and active in fashionable social circles.
She was a socialite who attended all the high-profile events in the city.
A person who is outgoing, sociable, and energized by being around other people.
He was an extrovert who loved meeting new people and making friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Socialite refers to a person who is well-known and active in fashionable social circles.
- 2Extrovert refers to a person who is outgoing, sociable, and energized by being around other people.
- 3Hermit refers to a person who lives in seclusion and avoids social contact.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Personalities: Use hermit to describe someone who prefers solitude, and socialite or extrovert to describe someone who enjoys socializing.
- 2Discussing Social Life: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about social activities and preferences.
- 3Enriching Vocabulary: Learn and use these words to expand your vocabulary and improve communication skills.