What is the antonym of “highhearted”?
The antonyms of highhearted are timid and cowardly. The antonyms timid and cowardly convey a lack of courage or confidence. It implies a feeling of fear, nervousness, or uncertainty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened or hesitant.
She was too timid to speak up in front of the large audience.
Lacking courage or bravery; showing fear or timidity.
He acted cowardly by running away from the danger instead of facing it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Timid describes a person who is easily frightened or hesitant.
- 2Cowardly describes a person who lacks courage or bravery.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use timid and cowardly to describe people who lack courage or confidence.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Timid describes a person who is easily frightened or hesitant, while cowardly describes a person who lacks courage or bravery. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.