What is the antonym of “hip”?
The antonyms of hip are outdated, old-fashioned, and unfashionable. These words describe things that are not trendy or fashionable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
No longer current or applicable; obsolete.
The computer system was outdated and needed to be replaced.
Not modern or current; belonging to an earlier time.
She wore an old-fashioned dress to the party.
Not in fashion; not currently popular.
Her clothes were unfashionable and outdated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Outdated refers to something that is no longer current or applicable, while old-fashioned describes something belonging to an earlier time.
- 2Unfashionable refers to something that is not currently popular or in fashion.
Good things to know
- 1Fashion: Use these antonyms to describe clothing or accessories that are not trendy or fashionable.
- 2Technology: Use outdated to describe technology that is no longer current or applicable.
- 3Culture: Use old-fashioned to describe customs or traditions that belong to an earlier time.
The antonyms of hip are outdated, old-fashioned, and unfashionable. These words describe things that are not trendy or fashionable. Use these words to describe clothing, technology, and customs that are no longer current or popular.