Definitions and Examples of lowered, dropped, lowered down
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To move something to a lower position or level.
He lowered the volume of the music to avoid disturbing his neighbors.
To let something fall from one's hand or a higher position to a lower one.
She dropped her phone on the floor and cracked the screen.
Key Differences: lowered vs dropped vs lowered down
- 1Lowered is a general term that describes moving something to a lower position or level.
- 2Dropped implies accidentally letting something fall from one's hand or a higher position to a lower one.
- 3Lowered down is a more specific term that describes bringing something down from a higher position to a lower one using a tool or equipment.
Effective Usage of lowered, dropped, lowered down
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express actions accurately.
- 2Describe Actions: Use these antonyms to describe actions in stories, news, or personal experiences.
- 3Give Instructions: Use these antonyms to give clear instructions on how to move or handle objects safely.
The antonyms of hoisted are lowered, dropped, and lowered down. These words convey the opposite action of lifting or raising something. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, describe actions accurately, and give clear instructions on how to move or handle objects safely.