What is the antonym of “hokey”?
The antonyms of hokey are genuine, authentic, and sincere. These words convey a sense of honesty, truthfulness, and authenticity. They imply that something is real, true, and not fake or artificial.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Truly what something is said to be; authentic.
She was impressed by his genuine interest in her work and his willingness to help.
Of undisputed origin and not a copy; genuine.
The museum has an authentic collection of ancient artifacts that date back to the Roman Empire.
Free from pretense or deceit; genuine.
Her sincere apology for her mistake helped to restore trust and confidence in her team.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Genuine emphasizes the authenticity and truthfulness of something.
- 2Authentic emphasizes the originality and undisputed origin of something.
- 3Sincere emphasizes the honesty and lack of pretense in someone's words or actions.
Good things to know
- 1Express Honesty: Use genuine, authentic, and sincere to convey honesty and truthfulness in conversations.
- 2Build Trust: Incorporate these antonyms in professional settings to build trust and credibility with colleagues and clients.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these words to clarify intentions and avoid misunderstandings in communication.