What is the antonym of “hooked”?
The antonyms of hooked are uninterested and disinterested. The antonyms uninterested and disinterested convey a lack of interest or enthusiasm towards something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not interested in or concerned about something.
He seemed uninterested in the lecture and kept checking his phone.
Impartial; not influenced by personal interest or bias.
The judge was disinterested in the outcome of the case and made a fair decision.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Uninterested describes a lack of interest or concern, while disinterested describes impartiality or lack of bias.
- 2Uninterested is used to describe a person's attitude towards something, while disinterested is used to describe a person's impartiality in a situation.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use uninterested and disinterested to express lack of interest or impartiality effectively.
- 2Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to distinguish between a lack of interest and impartiality.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to expand your vocabulary.