What is the antonym of “hostilely”?
The antonyms of hostilely are amicably, cordially, and friendly. These words convey a positive or agreeable attitude towards others. They imply a willingness to cooperate, communicate, and build relationships.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a friendly and cooperative manner; without hostility or conflict.
After discussing their differences, they agreed to part ways amicably and with mutual respect.
In a warm and gracious manner; with sincere friendliness and hospitality.
The host greeted her guests cordially and made them feel at home.
Having a kind and pleasant disposition towards others; showing goodwill and affection.
The new neighbors were very friendly and invited us over for dinner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Amicably implies a peaceful and cooperative attitude towards others.
- 2Cordially suggests a warm and gracious attitude towards others.
- 3Friendly conveys a kind and pleasant disposition towards others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to express positive attitudes towards others in social settings.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails, phone calls, and meetings to convey a professional and friendly tone.
- 3Conflict Resolution: Utilize these antonyms to de-escalate conflicts and promote peaceful resolutions.
The antonyms of hostilely convey positive attitudes towards others. Amicably implies cooperation, cordially suggests warmth, and friendly conveys kindness. Use these words in social interactions, business communication, and conflict resolution to promote positive relationships and peaceful resolutions.