What is the antonym of “hubris”?
The antonyms of hubris are humility and modesty. Hubris refers to excessive pride or self-confidence, while humility and modesty convey a lack of arrogance or overconfidence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or humble view of one's own importance or abilities.
Despite his success, he maintained a sense of humility and never boasted about his accomplishments.
The quality of not being too proud or confident about oneself or one's achievements.
She accepted the award with modesty and thanked her team for their support.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility emphasizes a modest or humble view of one's own importance or abilities.
- 2Modesty emphasizes not being too proud or confident about oneself or one's achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to reflect on your own behavior and attitudes.
- 2Social Interactions: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect and avoid offending others.
- 3Literature and Media: Look for examples of these antonyms in books, movies, and TV shows to deepen your understanding of characters and themes.
The antonyms of hubris are humility and modesty. Use these words to reflect on your own behavior and attitudes, show respect in social interactions, and deepen your understanding of characters and themes in literature and media.