What is the antonym of “hue”?
The antonyms of hue are whiteness and pallor. Whiteness refers to the absence of color, while pallor describes a pale or sickly complexion.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being white; the absence of color.
The whiteness of the snow made it difficult to see the road.
An unhealthy pale appearance of the skin, often caused by illness or shock.
Her pallor was a clear indication that she was not feeling well.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Whiteness is the absence of color, while hue refers to a particular shade or tint.
- 2Pallor describes a pale or sickly complexion, while hue refers to a specific color or shade.
Good things to know
- 1Art: Use hue to describe the color of a painting or artwork.
- 2Fashion: Use pallor to describe a person's complexion or skin tone.
- 3Design: Use whiteness to describe the absence of color in a design or layout.